Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Crisis Management

I recently heard an excellent presentation by Rick Amme. Rick is a crisis/PR expert who is worth listening to.

Rick shared the following ten principles for crisis response:

1. Take care of the victims or perceived victims.
2. Fix the problem. (When did you learn about it, and what did you do about it?)
3. Notify stakeholders (do not use the media).
4. Provide information to the media quickly.
5. Rehearse critical press interviews.
6. Don’t make it worse.
7. Get it over with.
8. Tell the truth.
9. Reassure!
10. Follow your crisis communication plan.

Is your organization, or client’s organization, prepared to handle a crisis? If not, check at Rick’s website www.amme.com.

P.S. I appreciate the positive feedback I have received of my new “Overcoming Resistance to Change” DVD. Please keep the comments and suggestions coming. They are appreciated! You can check out a free clip on my website www.mikebeitler.com.